Powered by Blogger.

Affordable art

>> Saturday, October 30, 2010

Yes, we all have walls and no one loves the look of bare walls. I am always on a look out for affordable art for my walls. Some of the best places to find good frames is antique stores,consignment stores and of course craigslist.Another good place is staggers who have to get rid of their inventory after they are done with it.I was lucky enough to find a stagger who was selling his inventory.

I picked up two frames with an antique metallic finish and beautiful custom mattes for $10 each.The asking price was $15 but it never hurts to ask.A smile and a please can do wonders! The designers want to get rid of their inventory so they do not mind reducing the price. The prints were somewhat damaged but I knew a single frame would cost me more than 40 grand each if I buy retail. Just when I was about to leave, I saw a calendar with beautiful coral prints. The ones like you would see in designer furniture catalogs and priced at a couple of hundreds of dollars. Guess what they were asking for the calendar -- $5 only! A match made in heaven.
 

                 

Here is what I did - I cut the pictures in the calendar that I liked and replaced them with the prints in the frames. Easy as that! Have a look!


Now they hang in my rust colored bedroom. My grand total for the entire project $25. Don't they look pretty!!

Coral has been quite a craze in home decor for quite some time but you don't have to spend a lot of money to achieve a look.Some more coral themed decor to inspire you.


left to right: 1.Mermaidhut.com 2.HGTV 3.HSN 4.William Sonoma Home

4 comments:

Amanda November 13, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

I've seen calendar art framed before, but never any as pretty as yours! They are beautiful!

Vanessa November 18, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

This is beautiful! You see these in catalogs all the time for so much, it's almost funny how easy it is to replicate it! :)

Cute thrifty blog, I must follow and come back for more. I found you from "Life As Lori".

Unknown March 24, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

Good thinking!! I know I have seen some lovely calendars out there, why not, right?!?!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Blog Top Sites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Blogger template

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP